Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Odessa Trip

My group and I went to Odessa last weekend. We took a train Friday night after everyone got done teaching. It was my first train ride so I got a picture of it when we got off. We meet some of the teacher’s friends and they showed around. We went to a ballet at apparently the 2nd best Opera house in the world, with the 3rd best philharmonic orchestra, watching some of Tchaikovsky’s best, which included Swan Lake.
Then we went to a jazz club and I got apple pie. We went to the 200 steps, a bridge with tons of locks on it, touched the black sea, and went to an orthodox church. Quite the list for just two days, it you don’t mind my saying so.
Fun Fact: The locks represent the love two people have for each other. They put the lock on the bridge and through the key into the sea.

The Bridge with locks on it

The 200 Steps (Potemkin Steps)

No comments:

Post a Comment